Radi se o uvodjenju krute hrane, a ne o prestanku dojenja.

Ukratko, dijete se ne hrani zlicom, ne miksa se hrana nego mu se ponudi u krutom obliku da se samo posluzuje.

Vise o tome na
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby-led_weaning

http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedseli...uidelines.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6762795.stm

http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/b...rchives/2007/6

Gill Rapley, trenutno na celu UNICEFove UK Baby Friendly inicijative, koja je dala ime ovakvom nacinu uvodjenja dohrane:

Between 1978 and 1998 I was a health visitor with, at any one time, a caseload of about 450 families with children under five-years-old. (In the UK, all families have a health visitor assigned to them, to advise on health issues and carry out health surveillance in the pre-school years.) During that time I talked with many mothers who were struggling to manage the transition to solid foods. At that time, of course, the ‘official’ age for the introduction of solids was ‘four to six months’, with both professionals and parents tending to interpret this as the need to start at four months, so that the baby would be taking the longed-for ‘three meals a day’ by six months.

Two key areas of difficulty stood out: Firstly, there were the babies who, at four months, just didn’t seem to want to know about solid foods. Their parents were resorting to tactics ranging from playing games, through holding the baby’s nose, to denying them milk feeds – all in an effort to get them to accept a few spoonfuls of mush. The answer in almost all cases was simply to forget about it for another month or two.

The other challenge presented to me time and time again was that of how to progress, at around seven to eight months, from pureed foods to ‘second stage’ dinners. Here there were three common problems, occurring together or separately: constipation, pickiness over flavours and gagging or choking. For all three problems, letting the baby feed himself with pieces of food – rather than insisting on spoon feeding him with purees containing lumps – appeared to resolve the problem. It seemed to me that these babies were saying so clearly that they were perfectly able, and desperately wanted, to feed themselves.

During this time I also regularly carried out routine developmental checks on babies of six months. The signs of normal development that we wanted to see were clear: The baby should be able to sit alone for short periods, be keen to explore his world, and be good at reaching and grabbing fist-sized objects, at transferring them from hand to hand and at taking them to his mouth. He should also be making some consonant sounds (speech is related to chewing ability). It was clear to me that the parallel development of these abilities was no coincidence – and it was all connected with self-feeding.

During the same period I was training as a voluntary breastfeeding counsellor and developing a healthy respect for the ability of a very young baby to feed himself, right from birth. Why, I wondered, was it considered necessary to subject babies to a passive form of feeding in order to introduce solids, when they themselves were clearly so capable? It struck me that, if only we could get them to six months, there really didn’t seem to be any need for this approach. But some babies needed solids at four months, didn’t they? Or did they?

Whenever I questioned the need for ‘baby food’ I was thought at best odd, and at worst dangerously subversive! Finding myself at odds with the majority of my colleagues (though not, I have to say, with the mothers I visited, many of whom welcomed the chance to experiment with an easier and more logical approach to baby feeding), I left health visiting and pursued a career with the UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative, submerging myself in the world of breastfeeding and putting the solids issue on hold.

Then, in 2001/2, two things happened close together: I needed to choose a topic for the research dissertation of the Masters degree I had decided to do in my spare time – and the World Health Organization decided that babies didn’t need solids until six months. Suddenly I had the chance to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem!

My research was a very small study of just seven babies who, at four months, were being exclusively breastfed. Their parents were asked to give them the chance to handle and explore food whenever anyone else was eating. They were encouraged to think of these sessions as opportunities for play and discovery rather anything connected with hunger; they were to continue breastfeeding on demand, with no attempt actively to feed the baby any other foods. They were asked to offer their baby a range of flavours and textures, in a variety of sizes and shapes, and to observe what they did. They also video-taped a play/eating session every two weeks. They kept this up until the baby was nine months old.

To cut a long story short, all the babies started to become seriously interested in food from around six to six and a half months. By eight months, all were purposefully feeding themselves and enjoying a wide range of flavours and textures. They had also begun to show preferences for certain foods although, interestingly, there was very little they disliked. Most of all, the parents were thrilled with their progress and at how easy and fun it had been.

Since I have begun to give presentations about what, in the UK, has become known as ‘baby-led weaning’ (the first solids being the very beginning of the process of weaning a baby off the breast), I have discovered just how many parents are ahead of the game on this issue. Those ‘in the know’ typically have three or more children and they found this way of helping their baby to progress to eating solid foods either by accident, or because they didn’t have time ‘for all that messing about [with purees]’. What is poignantly sad is that these parents, who have dared to use logic and intuition, have tended to keep their discovery to themselves – for fear of being thought odd, ‘naughty’, or just plain lazy!

Ja sam neplanirano i ne znajuci da se to tako zove, to prakticirala sa Shantanom, nakon neuspjesnih prvih pokusaja hranjenja zlicicom i kasicama.
Sada svjesno namjeravam to isto raditi i s Ayanom.
Mislim da moze pomoci mamama cija djeca "ne prihvacaju dohranu" (osim, naravno , savjeta i pristupa koji se zagovara u knjizi Carlosa Gonzalesa, My Child Won't Eat )

Kako vam se cini?
Ima li tko kakvih iskustava?